1st Blog Post

Life's been pretty good. In swim team last Thursday, I swam with my heart beat racing, trivial to all outdoor connections to oxygen. My heart beat 200 bpm as I backstroked eight times before a single breath. On every (25 yard) edge, I flipped over with the courageous support of my fellow teammates: Mac Holmes, Jude Krass, Nate Green, and many others. Each turn was made in succession to my last, a surplus building of muscle tension stressed on my main core muscles. Turning over to my belly as I touched the electronic touchpad, I had reached the finish line! I got out of the pool with a broad grin. Someone then broke the silence, 

"YOU WERE D.Q.ED!!!"

All the effort made up to this point had no significance? The happiness turned into a silent volcano, but instead of lava, all that flowed was the silent pity of stupidity. I was disqualified because I had flipped over on my belly. What would Mr. Gates (my coach) say? To make matters worse, Daniel Rivi made it into first place and also got dqed. Life was not so great. I cost the team 12 points. The points that could have potentially been the source of our win against Glenview High School, the team we have never lost to in our entire Mundelein High School career according to Mr. Gates. I had failed my job...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Comments on The Boondocks Theme Song Meaning

Banalities and Other Trivial Things

RSD Tyler's True Motivation For Mastering Social Skills