An American Flag - David Park on 10/17/12 Period 4

Air brushes past my face, chilling my heart and also fluttering the American flag and dreams shaking, no shivering, as thoughts flow past me. I looked ahead at the beautiful quasi-valley of trees ahead of me, one beautifully cared bench here and there, donated by such and such, dedicated to this school, made to benefit all of society's cooperative inhabitants. Interestingly, the sky was mostly clear with the exception of one grey circulumbus looming above my own head. My neck hurt to see this. I stopped looking up and walked forward.

I stepped, one step at a time, the end motive in mind, wanting and yearning to complete my journey. But my path was corrupted with signs of danger looming around....

Now, I realize that my eyes had deceived me - my work, my merit, and my attempts were nothing, but futile and meaningless. I cringed at this fact, my eyes tearing from a visual hurt. It wasn't the mind, but the path ahead of me. Wince. Rubbing my eyes, I felt like another fast forward would help bring me to a righteous place. Little did I know, until recently, that it was not true. Life is a lie. Lie to me, I say. I lied on the ground. You lied to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Comments on The Boondocks Theme Song Meaning

Banalities and Other Trivial Things

RSD Tyler's True Motivation For Mastering Social Skills