What does it take to become a leader?

Be on good terms with leadership. Qualities like the ability to work with "guests" (Menards' customers come into a hospitable hotel), handle complaints, and need to get determine what tasks are done first. It's a lot of time management, knowing if and when you should send team members home and/or get more work (call people off or on the team for that day).

It was a shitfest when I worked there - the managers were heading off to vacation or Menards' seminars - while I was left to figure things out on my own.
Sam (especially) and Ryan would 8 out of ten times do things for themselves (selfish) or leave me to do things, so I was practically alone at the hardware desk.

It's like, "yay, I'm by myself with just Tammy who can't lift anything."
I would have to wait for the downstockers, or you, Michael, or Nitesh, to come in and help with the heavy lifting (anything over 20 lbs).

Menards keeps hiring the old and retired - "come in, you can morning stock for plumbing." Some of the stuff gets so messed up that it creates more work for us to do in the afternoon.

I sell air conditioners and humidifiers. It's okay. Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Comments on The Boondocks Theme Song Meaning

Banalities and Other Trivial Things

RSD Tyler's True Motivation For Mastering Social Skills