Hien Kampf (quoted by Adolf Hitler, these are German words for "My Struggle")

My thoughts on AP World History Testing on May Twelfth Two-thousand ten. 

"Boom boom-boom chik - boom, boom... chik" ~Me

It's all in good play.

Sweet relief flows through my veins,
The test is over and so are the pains.
"It ain't no jive I'm getting a five."
That man-made test I did not survive.

On the back of my review book, it said clearly this test wasn't made for me
It was created as an pre-ultimatum for future lawyers and police officers or dire responsible doctors.
To those standards, I'm not even close to a "could be"
Being me, I still took it thinking I "could be" a potential success.

All those eighty-some dollars.
All the stressful overload from worrying.
Just to fill in some bubbles and for half a day: to sit!
Because the results aren't college worthy, I wouldn't doubt it.

I'm quite familiar that I studied for hours on end
But coming out with similarly unfavorable results, never a "ten".
I figured out a crack in the testing systems similar to traditional Confucian ideology:
Leaders are not built on tests but on how well they do logically.

I'm not what tests make out for me,
Those have a set score and requires no long intermission.
Is that how a man should be molded?
In that case, I determine my own path.

I'm not Charlie Sheen - a Twittering knitter
Found out well enough that life squeezes lemons sour and bitter
So I didn't pass the test
But I told myself that life was at its best (at least better than Mr. Sheen).

I tried very hard by studying past midnight, taking practice quizzes...
But trying isn't enough if its not in your blood.
Ahead of me is a fulfilling life filled with opportunity,
One test won't get the best of me.

Then I began to think about the test - seriously
I thought, "Damn, what a waste."
There were no triumphant trumpets or glorious gastronomes to great me.
It wasn't worth it for all the gold in the world.

This is what I learned from this test.
"It ain't no jive I'm getting a five."
Ironic because I did not heed to those conferments.
At least I'm good at English.

05/01/12

I reflect on my poem.
So sad that I thought that way.
It's okay every 11 months I am anew.
A book said so... anyway, so are you!

Aren't you glad you read this?
Thank you. I see you have read my struggles..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Comments on The Boondocks Theme Song Meaning

Banalities and Other Trivial Things

RSD Tyler's True Motivation For Mastering Social Skills